We strongly encourage you to visit your family and friends while they are staying in the hospital. Visits assist in the health, well being and healing process of our patients. Visits should be beneficial for both the patient and visitor. When visiting please consider the following:
- Visiting hours are open, however we suggest visits occur between 10:00 am and 9:00 pm. Visitors are welcome, but are subject to the wishes of the patient and their health condition.
- Forego your visit if you have experienced a fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat, skin rash, vomiting or diarrhea in the last 48 hours.
- Wear a mask if you present with respiratory symptoms. Doing so is for your protection as well as that of the patient and staff.
- If you are bringing a child to visit, please consider the impact the visit will have on the child and the patient. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- You are expected to behave in an appropriate manner during your visit. Visits should not disrupt or disturb patients, staff, or other visitors. If behavior is disruptive staff will request the behavior stop. Anyone who is asked to stop such behavior and remains out of compliance will be asked to leave the premises by a staff member designated as having security authority or the Prosser Police Department.
- No Smoking is permitted on the hospital campus.
- The patient’s need for rest and treatment come first. Visits may be limited based on the patient’s needs.
- Wash your hands before entering a patient’s room. Hand washing aids in the prevention of spreading disease. Please wash your hands prior to physical contact with a patient or holding a newborn infant.
- If you need a meal, one can be obtained through the PMH Food Service Department. Staff and/or Patient Registration staff can assist you in purchasing a meal tray.
- For the health and well-being of our patients, visitors are limited to two at a time in Emergency Room.
- Overnight visitors are permitted where possible. Every attempt to accommodate the patient’s wishes will be made, however there may be times when this is not possible—such as when the 2nd bed in a room must be held for an incoming patient.
Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the Medical Center campus.
We provide nutritional meals to our Transitional Care and Medical Center patients three times a day. Snacks are provided upon request. If any employee of PMH or a family member would like to purchase a meal tray the cost is $6.00. Hours of Service: 5:00 am to 7:30 pm daily throughout the year. If you need a meal, one can be obtained through the PMH Food Service Department. Staff and/or Patient Registration staff can assist you in purchasing a meal tray. For more information, call (509) 786-6647.